Mort Subite crafting the online brand experience
Growing awareness and generating trial
In 2015, Alken Maes repositioned Mort Subite as a craft beer in the Belgian market.
Whereas Affligem, the other craft beer in the brewery’s assortment, is positioned as an exclusive craft beer for the more sophisticated beer consumer, Mort Subite is now marketed as an accessible craft beer.
With a strong focus on the spirit of the brewer, the company intends to install a unique fun & entertaining personality, using the insight “Everyday routine is tiresome. I believe the best things in life often come unexpectedly and spontaneously. That’s what adds flavor to my life.“
Translate the brand strategy and personality into a new website for Mort Subite:
- Get quality seekers to (re)discover Mort Subite and make it their brew of choice over the competing Belgian Kriek/Gueuze brands.
- Grow awareness of Mort Subite as a genuine craft beer and generate trial.
- Build experience & storytelling around the brand heritage, the brewing master and the brewing process.
- Become our target consumer’s n°1 craft beer, by installing Mort Subite as the audacious and personal brand that helps him get the most out of life by embracing spontaneity, both in experiences as in Lambic beers.
- Full redesign of the existing Mort Subite website to match the new brand identity, with enhanced relevancy: clear product pages, a playful insight into the brewing process including the unique spontaneous fermentation based on wild yeasts, the rules of the ‘Pietjesbak’ dice game (referring to their ‘spontaneous’ origin of the name Mort Subite), …
To enhance the Mort Subite brand experience we set up activation pages and handle conversation management for events such as the yearly Kriekenfeest at the brewery site in Kobbegem.