Tech Data Refresh 2.0
A truly refreshable digital reseller magazine
If there’s one magazine we know inside and out, it’s Tech Data’s Refresh. We’ve been developing this channel magazine every three weeks since its very beginning in 1992. Nowadays, 84% of IT resellers in Belgium and Luxemburg reach for the magazine to keep track of what’s hot in technology and 63% of them use it in their sales process.
Still, over the years the print version of the Refresh encountered some difficulties:
- Vendors re-allocate their marketing budgets: they choose according to (tangible) return and want to target specific reseller segments.
- Resellers are looking for up to date content, articles and promotions in order to be able to inform their own clients in the most relevant way and always present them the most competitive offers.
- Create a cost-efficient digital cross-platform publication.
- Increase and prove the return on marketing investment for Tech Data as well as their vendors.
- Offer vendors additional ways to communicate and offer resellers a richer experience.
- Make the Refresh magazine more segmented and highly targeted.
- Raise reach and shareability.
- Simplify the link between publishing and personalized direct sales.
Our experience in digital publishing made the step towards a digital Refresh relatively small. We worked meticulously on creating a reseller sales tools which lives up to today’s market demands. And to those yet to come...
- Starting from one central content source, the Refresh is now available in 3 versions: print, digital andmobile. The combination of responsive design and a web app allows optimal usage for online browsing, on smart phones and on all available tablet formats. This set-up guarantees high production and cost efficiency, as well as a gratifying user experience.
- The Refresh web app provides richer product presentations and comparisons. It couples strongcross-selling features with numerous interactive possibilities: surveys, polls, shareable video content, Twitter feeds, … To increase relevance, it offers user-segmented content and allows for real-time price updates. And the in-depth tracking, combined with detailed sales reporting, makes it easier to present ROI to Tech Data management as well as IT vendors.